Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here I am!!

hello beautiful friends and bystanders!!!

its been a shamefully long time :*(

SO! i was here in my new house with the new little laptop thing sitting on my new couch looking at my new desk and also out the window at my new country saying "bless bless" and "have a good day" to my new husband off to his new school and i thought to myself "its time for a new post!"

hm hm hrmumumph where to begin? well ill go backwards that seems to make most sense yes?

okay so ive been in germany for a little over a week and i have to say im quite pleased with the place. i came before to visit eyþór for 6 days but that doesnt really count. i like leipzig a lot, theres lots of transformations going on, a lot of the down town area is under construction or just being ripped down, so many of the buildings are so run down and falling apart, its kind of a shame some of them are so beautiful! like this super old library down the road, boarded up, nature having at it and of course covered in graffiti, made me so sad! but i suppose priorities are else where. i really like the downtown area, its so cozy and comfortable but still bustley and city like. when we were walking about down town one day we happened upon Auerbachs Keller! i was so surprised and it made me giggle! i didnt really recognise it until i saw a statue of mephisto and faust it was soooo nerdularly cool! so much history all around, i also saw a statue while wandering around of Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy (the dude who eyþór's school was founded by, worked and played a lot in leipzig :p) okay so this statue was erected for his contribution to music, especially in leipzig in 1892 but was destroyed by nazis in 1936 because he was jewish! only in 2008 was the statue rebuilt! can you believe it! they changed the name of the school and everything, so crazy but so cool that the history is everywhere, its also pretty crazy to me that things are STILL trying to get back to "normal" more than 60 years after the end of that war, i suppose its hard to recover from such a magnitude of destruction, i mean centuries of wars!

miriam should like that little tangent :D

moving was difficult and stress filled! but we got it done, the worst thing is though that i left the gift list in iceland in a box i asked eyþórs sister to bring at christmas! totally spaced that it was in there! so no thank you cards until christmas i suppose! looser! ill just have to be rude :p

the wedding itself was so wonderful and perfect and just exactly what i wanted! teehee im a lucky girl!! for our honeymoon we went all the way around iceland, it was so fun and beautiful im so glad i got to see those places before we left for a long time, i loved seeing the north and the beautiful and sleepy valleys! did you know there's a REAL forest that grew by itself out of the ground?! its not just lava and glaciers you know! i love iceland! but im so happy to be here in leipzig and grateful!!

so friends and bystanders as usual this probably made a whole heap load of nonsense but there you go

im so happy! :D

next time ill write about the apartment and ill post piccies but i need my big computer which comes tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! A new post! I'm really excited to see the pictures you show of Germany. Oh, and I LOVE your wedding dress! Can't wait to hear more updates from you!!!

MiriamR said...

wohooo! I was just looking the other day and it said almost a year or more I can't remember since your last post. I think you will LOVE Germany. Allison Daniel's sister loved it and even learned the language!! Anyway so glad the wedding was magical. I loved your tangent and can't wait to see photos when the big computer comes wohoo! Remember we all want to live vicariously through you in Germany so post all pictures because none are lame!!

Unknown said...

I about fell out of my chair from excitement when I saw you had a new post! and what a post it is! I agree with Miriam, we all want to live vicariously through you in Germany! I am glad things are going pretty well thus far, and your picture up top is oh so lovely!

Wiley Family said...

Ok so Im soo behind on everything. I just happen to think....hmmmmm I wonder who of my sisters have posted and here it was your lovely updated blog. I too will live vicariously through you hahahaha. I hope Willie and I will have at least one more opportunity to live overseas especially with the kiddies so they can have a taste of another culture. Im so happy your happy. Love you guys.

Hera said...

I will go see Germany in the near future since I hope I have not to pay hotel costs haha.