Sunday, February 8, 2009

mensch!





okies i'm pretty much just writing ablog cuz everyone will get mad if i don't, even though i don't have a whole lot to say

Well crazy things are happening in this world and Iceland seems to be some sort of microcosm for it. People loosing their heads, jobs, SUVs, flat screens and who knows what else. I find myself actually prospering, being able to save more money, living a comfortable life, financial security and all that jazz.

I feel like the difference is that i have the gospel in my life, a real foundation and not the airy support of the world, I'm emensely grateful for it, for the forsight i have gained since i was a kid to have food storage, and for the knowledge that if you don't waste what you recieve you wont be in need. I'm grateful for the principle of tithing, to regularly and willingly give of what you have is a great excersise in not-of-the-worldness. I'm glad I know who I really rely on.

It's going to be okay, I know it

I like my job I like interacting with people and observing how they react to each other, i love the old people who are regulars and ask me what the weather's like in Australia, and the other old people who say a*********s because everything is "so expensive" they make me giggle. I love seeing people I know and having a little chat, and the Koyle's, they are the new mission couple in charge of the YSA they are quite new and need a little help with shopping sometimes :D

I love my life I miss everyone though, but there's not a whole lot i can do about that :/

Anyways so there you have it and i'm way excited for this year! it's gonna be great!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

dear maliana, this blog warms my heart. you are so strong. well done.

MoBo said...

whats the red picture? its mystery


I like that video, it is inspiration, as is this blog,



wonderful

Maliana said...

red picture? you mean at the top of the page? it's a Sigur ro´s cd i made it was flippin awesome it had a sweet as cover and the inside was velvety :p pretty sweet

Wiley Family said...

So great to here all is well with you. The gospel truly brings peace when the world is in shambulls (yes I made up my own spelling because I dont know how to spell that word.)When it comes down to it all our worldly possession could be gone in a second. It's always great to love your job.
keep on keeping on
:)

MoBo said...

That is so true what you say about the possessions Melisa, cuz down in Victoria they are having this terrible bushfire started by an arsen, and So many people have no homes, all their things burned down, and like 171 people have died in the fires, so sad and soo true

MiriamR said...

wow you guys are all so depressing. Just kidding only Melanie's was, true though. Hey I loose all my wordly possessions all the time now apparently so I decided I am just not supposed to have anything from the world so I don't care anymore about them. Now I refuse to buy things for more than 100 dollars (furniture I mean) and I hate cars. They break break break and daniels new trucks mirror broke this morning so lesson learned, don't have anything be like the monks.

Hera said...

Well it makes me laugh when I read what you said about the old people and what they say. I remember my dad and uncles saying antiscot too. It's so true the gospel gives us peace in this world of confusion. One wonders how one can do so well while others don't do so well next to one.

We need to be grateful for all we have good and bad. Heavenly Father will give us what we need.

Well done Maliana. I am proud of you and your independence.

{tanner. michelle. owen} said...

Maliana! This is Michelle (Roberts) Ensign! I'm so glad I found your blog!(Through Miriam through my sis Suz). I was just telling my husband about how you were my best friend in 5th and 6th grade! How are you? Are you still in Iceland? I have no idea what the last 10 years of your life have been like but you sound like you are doing awesome! Thank goodness for blogs!