Ahhhh it's a beautiful day and a rare day off work for the communists, i mean commerce type people, so what better way to spend it than errrr... blogging.
Alas, Verslunarmannahelgi a time for the hard working stiffs get a weekend off to go out to the country, get wasted, listen to some proppah Icelandic music and um remain wasted.
A bit of a rant...
Okay so it's my birthday on thursday, right. So a few months ago I thought it would be an amazing once in a lifetime thing to go to the Eric Clapton concert that's on Friday, so I buy six tickets (47,400 ISK :P) and invite my closest of close chums in anticipation of a wonderful experience, you know one of those "remember the time" type experiences, and like i've mention before matti's off to missionland soon so it would be a cool last hurrah so anyways, one of the party asks if they can BRING SOMEONE! My first reaction was ummm Insanity and saying no about 7 times, I was right pissed! Yeah pretty much over reacting, but I dunno, this is my thing! And yes I realize how insane it is to say "no you can't come to the Eric Clapton concert cuz i say so" but anyway after a while of cooling down, I pretty much said they could come and it was fine (side-note i'm not sure if that was true or not even now) so the question I have for you is this:
Was it the right thing to do or the spineless thing to do?
I'm leaning toward spineless personally but that´s just me, It's so twisted and weird though, what was I supposed to do, I kind of wanted to say "Screw you! you can't come!" but i reckon that's a little too preschool. Holy Hannah! So anyway turns out one of the people I really wanted to come can't make it, so it's turned out all weird and much the different that I expected, but I am stubbornly determined to have an incredible time and to talk to the jackass as little as possible for the remainder of my life. :D
I saw Batman!! well the movie anyway it was amazing! and completely surprising a wonderful experience to be sure.
In conclusion yay for people who don't suck and to the people who suck: quit it!
PPPPSSSSSEEEWWWWW PPPPPSSHHEEWW BLAM BLINKS KABLOOEEEE that's the sound of me blowing melanie away...
6 comments:
That is actually very rude. Its your birthday and um I don't invite other people to other peoples Birthdays, not even Daniel. Its their birthday and they can yell if they want to. DID THEY ALL PAY YOU FOR THEIR TICKETS? IF NOT THEY ARE ALL FREE LOADERS! THEY SHOULD HAVE PAID FOR YOUR TICKET! Just leave the rude people oh wait you probably have assigned tickets cause its Eric clapton. Never mind you will have to get over the rude people or you wont have fun. Daniel surprised me with Smash Pump tickets last year for my bday and we got there like 1 hour late because the first bands are uksually an hour each but wait maybe we were 2hours late. Anyway so I was SOOOO pissed because Pumpkins had been on for like 1 hour and a half ALREADY so I missed Ava Adore!!! And I had a really hard time enjoying the erst of the concert because I was so pissed we were late! SO take my proverb into your mind and realise you can't be pissed at the concert or enjoyment will be difficult. I think I can guess who the imposer was! Maybe I can't but I think I can. Melanie is REALLY losing
Maliana this is Daniel
This post reminded me of my first few semesters at UVSC, except no one threw a couch in the pool in Iceland (we did that it was great fun) so if your really frustrated do that. Or I taught your sister and Kiddy how to make a dry ice bomb and those things are cool. Soo if you can find any dry ice on Iceland (I remember as a missionary we couldn't, not to make a dry ice bomb but for homemade rootbeer) then you should make stuff go boom ask kiddy about it. The point of this comment is to show you creative ways of taking out your frustration and to let you know everyone goes through it. This comment was Miriam approved.
wow! thanks you guys i feel all warm and toasty! yeah i pretty much agree that if i'm focusing on all that junk then i won't have an awesome time so yeah. i'm totally going for that dry ice-bomb idea, and if i can't find it someone's gonna get couch-pooled. ahah miriam approved...
the thing is that i know not everyone could afford to shell out the 7.900 isk (it's actually just standing area cuz the seats were sold out like the day they went on sale) so it was my treat cuz i wanted to be able to have everyone there that i wanted. you know like when hobbits give gifts on their birthdays.
Oh yeah I understand hobbit gifts for friends. Thats pretty nice I am pretty sure ive done that before so that everyone can come. Thats why you were so pissed about the other invite too. How was the concert? Did you have lots and lots of fun or lots and lots of rain or both? I hope all is well. Let us know if you need us to send you a bucket of sand to throw at people, oh wait you have better black sand over there that will do the trick.
Miriam
This comment was Daniel approved
lets see, uhhh... Your hobbit prezzie bday was an awesome, and i agree with miriam, VERY RUDE, What a hay kind of thing to do. ssshhhwwwwinnnngr hey, i saw batman the other day, SWEET AS
Hey Melanie just threw a giant grenade into your camp. She is blogging frequently!!!! Just htought I would let you know. Hey where is Meleofa? Its 10 oclock at night over there. I keep promising myself I will call her and then its 10 or 11 at night for her so I don't. Poop.
Post a Comment